What is a FileBox?
A FileBox is a sophisticated webform that may be hosted on a web page of your choosing (user setup required). The FileBox allows people to send large files to you and monitor file completion status at the same time, all without leaving your website.
You will also be able to see and download all files that have been sent each FileBox by logging in to your SendThisFile account. Click My Account, My Files, My FileBoxes. A customizable FileBox (paid accounts) is available for individuals and businesses who want to re-brand a SendThisFile FileBox for their website.
Once someone has sent you a file from your FileBox, you will receive an email with a link to download the file.
Who get’s a FileBox?
One FileBox is included Free with every SendThisFile account.
Basic FileBox Set-up
Follow these steps to setup your FileBox.
- Ensure you are logged in to a paid SendThisFile account. FileBoxes are available for both free and paid SendThisFile accounts. However, you will not be able to customize the advanced features of a FileBox unless you are logged in to a paid SendThisFile account.
- In the ‘website’ field, enter a memorable name (e.g., Harry�??s FileBox), or the URL for the website on which the FileBox will be installed, (e.g., www.layerz.com).
- Enter the email address to which you want the notification emails sent in the Email field.
- If you want your users to have to use a password, fill in the Password box. Warning: If you leave the Password field empty, anyone (including malicious users) will be able to send you a file without a password.
- Click on Add (or Update if you are returning) and the copy and paste box will fill with the text for the sample FileBox. The name of the Web site will appear in the box at the top of the page along with a Remove button.
- The SendThisFile FileBox will display below the copy and paste box. It is now live and may be used for testing.