You can send files of any size using the SendThisFile Microsoft Outlook Plug-in (paid accounts only)
Companies using MS Outlook/Exchange can seamlessly integrate SendThisFile’s secure file transfer platform with their Outlook environment. Users no longer have to struggle with email attachment limitations, inbox storage quotas, or lack of security.
- Use SendThisFile directly from Microsoft Outlook
- Securely send confidential files from Outlook
- Send large files using Outlook without file size limitations
- Reduce your email server workload
- Easy to install and easy to use
- If you don’t have a paid plan, sign up now.
- Windows XP (SP2) (32 bit) or Windows Vista (32 bit)
- Outlook 2007
- Make sure you are signed in to Windows with administrator privileges.
- Click on the “”Download Now”" button to download the SendThisFileOutlookSetup.exe file to your Desktop.
- Close Microsoft Outlook if it is running.
- Double-click the SendThisFileOutlookSetup.exe icon to begin the installation.
- Click on the “”Run”" button, and follow the installation instructions.
- By default the plug-in will be installed in “C:\Program Files\SendThisFile”.
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on the SendThisFile toolbar button. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click the “”Sign-in”" link on the drop-down menu.
- If you have not previously registered an account at the SendThisFile website, click on the “Register” link, and create a SendThisFile account. After registering, a verification email will be sent to the email address you used to register. Watch for that email. You must click on the link in the verification email to verify your email address before your account will be activated.
- If you have a registered account at the SendThisFile website, enter the email address and password for that account.
- Check the “”Remember Me”" checkbox.
- Click the “”Sign In”" button.
- Click the SendThisFile toolbar button. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click the “Preferences” link on the drop-down menu.
- Check the “”Use SendThisFile Secure Transfer”" checkbox.
- Set the “”Use for files larger than __ MB”" field to the size file for which you want to stop using Outlook attachments, and start using SendThisFile. You can set this field to a value that is less than one. For example, if you set the value to 0.5, SendThisFile will be used when the file is larger the 500 KB.
- Click the “”Save”" button.
Verify SendThisFile Transfer Manager is running
- Verify there is a SendThisFile icon on your toolbar (a blue circle with a yellow envelope and red flag). If the icon does not appear on your toolbar, click on Windows “”Start”" button.
- Slide your cursor over “All Programs”.
- Slide your cursor over “SendThisFile.com”. A small menu will appear.
- Click on “SendThisFile Transfer Manager”.
- Click here to read more about the SendThisFile Transfer Manager.
Sending an email with a file attachment
- Attach a file with Microsoft Outlook and send it. You will be prompted to send using SendThisFile or send the file using Outlook. Set the option to remember your selection.
- If you run into a problem contact Technical Support to get help resolving your issue or check out the Outlook Plug-in F.A.Q. to troubleshoot your issue.
How to set up an Enterprise account to allow users to send files using the Outlook plugin
To add users and allow them to use your Enterprise plan in Outlook do the following:
- Sign into your account at SendThisFile
- Click the Admin menu option
- Click on the “Users” sub menu option
- Click on the Branded form they will be sending there files through (Akerman Upload, AkerNet Upload)
- Enter their email address and password, check auto-verify
- Click add
Once the Outlook plug in is installed on the users PC,
- Open Outlook
- Click on the “SendThisFile” menu option
- Click on the SendThisFile icon on the Outlook menu
- Enter the email address and password that was added above.
Sending a File using Outlook SendThisFile plug-in
- Start a new email
- Attach a file
- Add subject and message
- Click send (if the file is large enough a SendThisFile – Message Transmit Options window will open)
- In the dropdown select the Branded form.
- Click ok