What does the recipient receive?
The recipient will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. The From line will show that it is from the sender. The default Subject is Incoming File from SendThisFile, however the sender may have modified the Subject line.The first line will have the sender’s email address (default), or what the sender put in place of the email address. The email will have a file name, then the download link. If the sender included a message, the message will appear between the two horizontal lines.
How does the recipient get the file?
There are 2 ways to download a large file that has been sent, either by using the download link or from your free file transfer account.
Downloading from the download link
Once the email is received, the recipient must click on the download link to begin downloading the large file.
- Clicking on the download link takes the recipient to the SendThisFile download page.
- There is a link on the download page, RETRIEVE YOUR FILE!
- The recipient clicks on the RETRIEVE YOUR FILE! link and the web browser’s download dialog prompt will appear.
- Each browser will differ in handling file downloads. For more information on file downloading once the browser’s download dialog is displayed, see your browser’s Help section.
Downloading a file From SendThisFile.com
Log-in to your account. Go to My Account, My Files. There you will be able to search and download files. If you have a FileBox setup on your account you may access it from My Account, My Files, My FileBoxes. This allows you to see files sent only to each FileBox you have setup.
When things go wrong
You get an error message instead of your file.
- If the transferID or file name is missing when you attempt to go the download page, you will be redirected to the home page, and the error message ‘transfer number or file not found’ will appear.
- If the transferID is bad when you attempt to download a file, our system will think the file has expired, and you will get the error message This file has expired.
- If the file name is bad you will be able to get to the SendThisFile® download page, however, when you click on the RETRIEVE YOUR FILE! link you will receive an error message from your browser that it ‘was not able to open this Internet site’ or words to that effect.
- Once you are sure there has been a problem at our end (e.g., the file really hasn’t expired in 2. above) then you will have to contact customer support for assistance.
Customer support will need (a) the sender’s email address, and (b) a copy of the notification email. This information can be sent to customer support through our contact link. We will see if we can retrieve the file.